ARCstravaganza #5 – Sea Witch!

July 9, 2018Victoria @ The Contented Reader

It’s Monday and another ARCstravaganza post! I got away from doing these posts for a bit – mainly because I’ve had a couple of busy weeks. But, I’ve also been behind in writing/creating posts because I’ve really been in the reading mood lately. I’m excited to talk about ARCs again!

It’s time to get back into posting these weekly meme’s regularly and I’m excited to showcase some more fun ARCs that I’ve been lucky enough to receive from publishers.

For those unfamiliar, ARCstravaganza was a weekly meme created by Krysti at YA and Wine and was hosted by her, and Sarah at The Clever Reader. Due to personal reasons they had to let it go and it is now hosted by Flavia at Flavia the Bibliophile. This meme specifically allows book bloggers to showcase and discuss ARC’s that they have been sent.

Sea Witch by Sarah Henning

Publisher: Katharine Tegen Books | Release: July 31st, 2018

A few months ago, I was able to visit the Harper Collins office to hear about upcoming releases. I was really excited once they showed Sea Witch. It looks like it will be an interesting retelling of the Little Mermaid. And, as someone obsessed with all things Disney, I’m sure I’ll love it!

Synopsis

Everyone knows what happens in the end.
A mermaid, a prince, a true love’s kiss.
But before that young siren’s tale, there were three friends.
One feared, one royal, and one already dead.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since her best friend, Anna, drowned, Evie has been an outcast in her small fishing town. A freak. A curse. A witch.

A girl with an uncanny resemblance to Anna appears offshore and, though the girl denies it, Evie is convinced that her best friend actually survived. That her own magic wasn’t so powerless after all. And, as the two girls catch the eyes—and hearts—of two charming princes, Evie believes that she might finally have a chance at her own happily ever after.

But her new friend has secrets of her own. She can’t stay in Havnestad, or on two legs, unless Evie finds a way to help her. Now Evie will do anything to save her friend’s humanity, along with her prince’s heart—harnessing the power of her magic, her ocean, and her love until she discovers, too late, the truth of her bargain.

The rise of Hans Christian Andersen’s iconic villainess is a heart-wrenching story of friendship, betrayal, and a girl pushed beyond her limits—to become a monster.

About Sarah Henning

Sarah Henning is a recovering journalist who has worked for the Palm Beach Post, Kansas City Star and Associated Press, among others. While in South Florida, Sarah lived and worked through five hurricanes, which gave her an extreme respect for the ocean. When not writing, she runs ultramarathons, hits the playground with her two kids and hangs out with her husband Justin, who doubles as her long-suffering IT department. Sarah lives in Lawrence, Kansas, which, despite being extremely far from the beach, happens to be pretty cool.

Goodreads | Instagram | Twitter | Website

Buy the Book

Amazon CA | Amazon US | Chapters / Indigo | Book Depository

12 Comments

• thebookprescription

July 9, 2018 at 4:46 pm

I already red this and as someone who loves the little mermaid too, I can tell you will probably like it but it is slow at first so you have to be patient!

1. Victoria @ Rocky Reads

July 9, 2018 at 4:54 pm

Ah, that’s great to know. Thank you for telling me! I’m going to read it soon!

1. thebookprescription

July 9, 2018 at 5:00 pm

Happy reading :))

• Flavia

July 9, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Ahhh I absolutely love this! This post looks incredible! Thank you so much for participating 😀

Also, did you move your blog or change your theme?!

Link-up: http://flaviathebibliophile.com/arcstravaganza-48/

1. Victoria @ Rocky Reads

July 9, 2018 at 7:02 pm

Thank you!! I changed the theme and went back to my old name! I did a poll and so many people preferred the old name!! I’m so happy with how it all turned out. I’m still tweaking things, but, I’m happy hehe!

1. Flavia

July 9, 2018 at 11:02 pm

Ohhhh well the theme looks fantastic! P.s. your icon still shows the Rocky Reads logo and your name says “Victoria @ Rocky Reads”! I know I’d want someone to let me know if I was changing my theme and stuff <3

2. Victoria @ Rocky Reads

July 10, 2018 at 2:10 am

I know! I’m so confused by that because I changed it but it’s not showing up? I’ve been trying for a few days to fix it and I can’t figure it out lol 🧐

• Aimee (Aimee, Always)

July 11, 2018 at 7:17 am

I’m really excited about this one as well!!! I’ve heard not-so-great things so far, but I’m still trying to think positive!

1. Victoria @ Rocky Reads

July 11, 2018 at 1:02 pm

Same here! I’ve heard some conflicting things but I’m still curious!

• bookmurmuration

July 13, 2018 at 1:42 pm

The Sea Witch sounds intriguing. There has been lots of fiction about sea witches, mermaids and sirens this year. I think they go hand-in-hand with the feminist revival.

What a cute idea for a Meme. I’ve just got Pages & Co which sounds fantastic. Perhaps I should join in with the meme. 🙂

1. Victoria @ The Contented Reader

July 17, 2018 at 1:42 pm

I totally agree! It’s interesting to see how things become popular, and it definitely seems to be linked with the feminist revival. I think you should, it’s lots of fun!!

• ARCstravaganza #6 – Love and War! – The Contented Reader

July 23, 2018 at 12:24 pm

[…] Today I have another ARCstravaganza post! My posting schedule has been a bit off lately, things have been busy! But, I’m trying to get back into posting these weekly memes on a regular basis. Be sure to check out my last ARCstravaganza post, here! […]